Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I Just Don't Care

I can't figure out if I'm a heartless, evil girl or just fed up with people. I just don't care about people, nor do I care to be social. The other day, on the news, there was this man that died trying to save a dog from an icy pond. The dog lived...
I've concluded that I would have done the same thing that the man did. My dad says I'm crazy or that I'm just saying that - but, what he doesn't understand is that I'm serious - I would risk my life to save an animal any day, but I doubt I would be so ready to die for another person. That's weird, but I really don't care anymore.

There's this one particular person here at work, we'll call her D, that drives me absolutely insane. She never sits at her desk, she's constantly walking back and forth in front of my desk, which makes me nervous - it's like she paces. Plus, she's the person in the morning that is always the first to come to your desk and say "Good morning!" like life couldn't get any better. On top of that daily greeting, she usually has a new picture of one of her daugthers and their children - okay, listen - I DON'T CARE - I've seen one picture, that's enough, I know what they look like now. So, today, when I'm obviously in a horrible, horrible mood, she comes up to my desk and says "Good morning" and waits a second to see if it would be a good idea to stop and "chat" at my desk. I say "Good morning" without turning my head away from the computer. Then she says "How are you", and I (still looking at my computer) say "fine". I suppose she finally got the hint and kept walking. UGH! Leave me alone, I'm just not a people person. I don't care about people. So, then, another girl, we'll call her C, who is ALWAYS happy comes in and comes over to my desk and insists on telling me about her kitchen that is being redone for the 10 millionth time (but, with her I don't mind, because I like her). Then here comes D - and low and behold, she has a picture in hand! Ugh! She shows it to C and C just coos all over the friggin' picture of three little girls and their mom. So, D insists on tilting it so I can see - so, I don't even grab it, I just look and smile.

I know I'm mean and that, at this rate, people will never like me and I will die a lonely, miserable, old woman (with a bunch of dogs) - but sometimes I just don't care! I think I should have been a person who works from home and rarely communicates with people in person or on the phone.

I guess the real problem is that I stayed up until 2:30 reading last night and then this morning, I couldn't find any clean underwear and had to search and dig through my pile of clean clothes (that I've been to lazy to put away this week). I'm just crabby - go figure!

No comments: