Monday, January 03, 2005

The Move In

So, my nephew, Zach, moved in on Friday. He's already driving me nuts. He seems to get away with murder - even having a "fresh" mouth. My mom used to go off on my brother and me if we smarted off. And, let me just say, I would have NEVER smarted off to my aunts - never!

My mom went and bought him a track cell phone so he thinks he's so cool now - HE'S 12! Will he really be away from the house that much that he'll need a cell phone to check in?


He's being very possessive too. My mom bought cereal and he's under some kind of assumption that it's just for him. He came down to breakfast one morning and proceeded to tell me, "you better not be eating my cereal!". Whatever - I'll eat what I want! I know, I'm starting to sound petty, but when you haven't had to ever deal with pre-teens and they all of a sudden come live with you, it's weird.

Everyone keeps telling me that I'm an adult and that I shouldn't be so mean, but I can't help it - the kid drives me batty.

So, I thought that maybe Jason and I could move out and get our own place now - fat chance, I know. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to a pre-teen who will be a teenager very shortly. God, do they have mouths on them or what? I know I did too, but that was me. ;)

No comments: