Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Karma

Post actually written and updated in July, 2006

To take a note from Earl Hickey, I am starting to believe in Karma more and more each day. I guess I always have in some way. My mom has said, “what goes around comes around” since I was a wee lass! I always believed the same thing. But, now I think I’m getting a little too crazy or OCD about it. I am scared to do even the smallest wrong thing; I’m scared to even THINK wrong things. I guess I’ve had a ton of what I thought was bad luck (from the age of 15 – 23), but it turns out it was Karma. I was not behaving well, I was a horrible teenager, I gave my parents several heart attacks (not literally) and I’m sure they developed a few ulcers in that time period too. I always got caught doing whatever it was that I was doing wrong and I just thought I was unlucky – I wasn’t, it was Karma kicking my arse!
If I call into work, I feel guilty the entire day, and I feel like lighting is going to crash any minute – and this is when I’m genuinely sick. I’ll be the first to admit – I’m deathly afraid of Karma. I firmly believe in it.

Update: I messed up – I was filling in at a district office at work, and customers aren’t supposed to come to the district offices, but they always show up. The girl I’m filling in for helps them a lot I guess, which promotes their coming to the district office. Well, a guy came to the office about 15 minutes before I was supposed to leave. He rang the bell and knocked on the door. I didn’t answer it. I turned on the monitor and just watched him. I was not in the mood to deal with a customer because they get mad that you can’t help them there – so why should I answer the door? Anyway, he sat there for a good 10 minutes – I never answered. Finally, he left. I didn’t realize how ignorant this really was until J & I were out eating and I told him what I did. It sounded horrible as I was telling the story. So, now I’m scared to death that something bad is going to happen to me. I guess I’ll just have to grin and bear it!

No comments: