Monday, September 18, 2006

Manic Monday

Let me just start by saying that I'm completely bummed out that it's Monday already.

Our weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday night, we were supposed to go to the game, but we gave our tickets to Garik - J's friend. I just wasn't in the mood (and you know it's bad when I'm not in the mood to see the Cards)! I can't really remember what we did Friday night now. I think J had to work at 11:00, but before that I don't know. Must not have been very fun.

Saturday, we worked in the front yard and I paid for it dearly on Sunday. In case you don't know me (and chances are you don't), I have the worst allergies in the world and in the fall I am prone to swollen eyes & faces, stuffy noses and hurty throats - all of which can happen if I spend all of 5 minutes outside at any one time! But, since I'm also bullheaded, I wanted to work on the front yard since it was a gorgeous day Saturday. So, J and I raked a bunch of the ugly, white rock out of the garden beds and we dug up the black edging. He started to dig up one of the large "basket" bushes and we removed the gravel someone put in front to avoid water leaking into the basement (Susan, my brother's ex, did that - not very wise). By about 6:00 pm we were exhausted and went inside - when I looked outside it looked like we hadn't done anything all day. It was very discouraging and I was so mad. I called my poor mom and vented for a good while about how we shouldn't have bought the house and how we have no help. I felt bad after that because my parents transformed this house when they were my age and they didn't have any help either (they also had two kids). They took very good care of the house and my brother and Susan let it go. So, I went to bed and got over it.

Sunday, I woke up with my eyes swollen and glued shut (with allergy gunk), my nose all stuffy and my throat felt like I had one of the rocks from the front yard in it. I looked outside, more than ready to start working again, and it was pouring. So, we stayed in (which, now that I think about it - thank God we did, I would have been miserable today). Okay, now comes the part where you all will think we are the laziest people on earth - we laid on the couch all day and watched almost the entire 2nd season of Lost. We still have the last disc to watch, but we wanted to get it in before the 3rd season starts! I know, I know, there really is no excuse as to why we're that lazy, but we are and you'll just have to get over it.

We went to bed at about 11:00 pm last night and the alarm went off at 5:30 this morning (I pushed snooze and ended up getting up at 6:20 - yeah, I have to be at work by 7:00 and I made it on time)! Here I am!

I got to work and my boss needed 30 copies of a 17-page presentation - naturally, my printer was on the fritz and I had to send the presentation downstairs to "Special Services". The copies were needed by 8:00 and I was still messing with the printer at 7:30. I got the copies made and got my boss off to the meeting! But, my morning was a little frantic and I'm ready to go home and go to bed. It's kinda rainy out today too.

Okay, I gotta get to work now - I'm sure I'll be back soon.

No comments: