Monday, November 27, 2006

Sometimes I Just Wonder

There is a certain question that I ask myself on a daily basis. I have asked J this question in the past and I have even gone around my office asking others. Skittles reminded me of it when I read this "Just a Quickie" post. But...

If you could do anything in the world (a hobby, a job, a career), money and time weren't an issue, what would it be? What would you do?

I would open my own no-kill animal shelter and I would hire the best Vet in all the country so that we could save as many animals as possible. I dream about this on a daily basis. I have dreamt about this for years. God, why couldn't I be rich?

J says that he'd be a student for the rest of his life. He loves to learn and he loves to learn about all kinds of things. It's odd, most people don't know this but, J is a History Teacher. He got his degree in Education and he is Missouri State Certified. Unfortunately, since he looks very young, it was hard for him to find a job (my mom's cousin who is the Principal of a high school that J applied to said that J looked too young). That is why J is a Stagehand now. I feel so bad for him because he loves everything about teaching, education and learning. He is an awesome teacher (he taught and coached wrestling at a high school but was discriminated against because of how young he looked - like getting asked for hall passes in the halls, etc.) and I was in awe by his lesson plans, etc. The education field is missing out...

So, I pose my question to you - If you could do anything in the world (a hobby, a job, a career), money and time weren't an issue, what would it be? What would you do?

3 comments:

Barb said...

You reminded me how when I was growing up I wanted to own one of those no-kill shelters, too. My friend Mary and I talked about it all the time.

I used to take my kids to the animal shelter so they could see first-hand what not having your pets "fixed" resulted in. The message stuck.

I wish I could make money blogging, of course :) That's not going to happen though!

Despite my panic attacks, I really enjoy being around people, so maybe a job where I could interact.

I'd also like to get a college degree.

That sucks about J :(

Jen!! said...

Omg. That has always been my dream too!!!

Michelle said...

Wonderful dream, isn't it?