Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Taggleton

I wasn’t tagged, but I saw this at Mike’s Place and I liked it. So, I’m doing it.


1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Um, no, the elves make and wrap them, don’t they? He’s just the delivery guy, right?


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, white, white...white on everything

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope…

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hashbrown Casserole

7. Favorite Holiday memory? Well, it's not one particular event, more of a tradition, but my cousin and I used to beg our parents (my mom and her brother) to spend the night at each other's house. They had to explain to us that it was Christmas Eve and that whoever spent the night at the other house wouldn't get any gifts on Christmas morning because Santa wouldn't be able to find her. The first year, we decided that didn't matter - so we made plans to switch off every other year. The first year, she'd spend the night at my house and the next I'd spend the night at her house. Then, each year we'd share our gifts so one of us wouldn't be left out. We had it all planned out - but our parents still wouldn't give in. We seriously tried every year for a good 7 years.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I learned when I was about 5 (my older brother and my older cousin told my cousin and me – in a not so nice manner).

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all of our gifts on Christmas Eve now (when I was a kid, we did it all on Christmas morning).

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White Lights and red, white and silver ornaments - oh yeah, and candy canes.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.

12. Can you ice skate? You betcha.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Sure...it was the Barbie Dream House and Furniture pictured here:

14. What's the most important thing? Spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I don’t think I have one – I’m not a big dessert person.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending time with family on Christmas Eve (extended family included).

17. What tops your tree? A big white star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I really enjoy giving more

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Little Drummer Boy

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? Yummeh! Eating one now!

No comments: