Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mikala Almost Saved

Remember my Save Mikala confession a while ago? My confession of ridiculous credit card debt that snowballed after I bought the house? I have been stressing out over this debt for quite a while now.

As most of you know, I'm somewhat obsessive-compulsive and I can't stand to know that I have unpaid bills sitting out there. I can't stand to owe people money (which it's NEVER been easy for me to borrow money from people - if I ever have). Credit card debt is very cumbersome and a portion of that stress has been lifted from my shoulders.

My total credit card debt as of 8:00 this evening was $7600! I've never, in my life, been that far buried by credit card debt and I promised myself I never would. I always made fun of those people with a ton of debt that takes every cent they earn. Little did I know that it adds up fast and it is even worse when you buy your very first home. You never think of all the things you need to have your own home (since I haven't had a wedding yet, I had to buy EVERYTHING). Well, J gave me $4000 tonight to pay on credit cards. Now, I only have $3600 left to pay until I'm a free woman. After going over my finances, I've determined that I can have that $3600 paid off by August.

Can you believe it, I may be debt-free by August 31? I am so excited, I can hardly stand it.

Thank you Bubby, I love you more than anything and I love that we're able to work together to eliminate our debt.

4 comments:

Ann M. said...

Going into debt can be so easy. It is the determination to claw your way back out that can be difficult. It's great that you have set a target to be debt-free. Good for you!

Linlee said...

I've been there and it sucks. I just paid off our last credit card this week and it felt wonderful! You'll have it all paid off soon.

LAC said...

Congratulations!!! You are in the home stretch now. I just ended a 4 1/2 year relationship because it was costing me money and he wasn't helping at all to pay it back. You are so blessed to have such a great partner who helps you! Hold on to him with both hands!!! lol.

Barb said...

What a relief that must be for you. I'm sooooo happy :)