Monday, January 15, 2007

Most Recent Victim of Most Dangerous City in U.S.

Yeah, so I'm the latest victim of the Most Dangerous City in the U.S., St. Louis. While J was at work tonight at the Scottrade Center (formerly Savvis Center, which is downtown), my car was broken into and his wallet was stolen (I know, why would he keep his wallet in the car - but it's because he works a physical job and runs around on the grids of arenas and can lose his wallet). His wallet wasn't in plain sight, so I don't know what the stupid ass criminal saw that made him think he should throw a fucking (sorry for the f-bomb, I'm just really frickin' pissed) rock through my window! His wallet was in the glove compartment and that means this stupid ass loser rifled through my damn car. Which means his disgusting, crime-riddened hands touched things that I own. One of my coats was in the car, now I don't ever want to wear it again. I'm so disgusted I can't even think straight. I don't even care to be in my car ever again. But, since this mother effin' bastard is already costing me the money to replace my window, I refuse to let him affect me even further financially (by buying a new car - my car is completely paid for and I like it).

So, anyway, apparently, in the city of St. Louis, when your car is broken into, they don't send a cop out. Um...I got a clue for you, when you get the Most Dangerous City nod, maybe you should hire more cops and actually do some work. I understand they have murders out the wazoo here, but I'm sorry if I'm selfish enough to think my car being vandalized and J's wallet being stolen is a big fucking deal! Again, sorry for the f-bomb but that is the word I use most when outrageously pissed. The Chief of Police, Mokwa, sure does have time to get his little 5 foot 2 ass on TV every possible chance and he has time to hang out at local fairs, but he doesn't have time to actually do something about the damn crime in this city.

You know, I was all for defending St. Louis for being named the Most Dangerous City, but now I'm just so fucking pissed that I don't care to ever do anything in the city again (which will be hard seeing as how Busch Stadium is downtown and we have season tickets). Why should I waste money in a city that doesn't care when a crime is committed against me. The cops haven't even called J back from when he called them at the scene. I say take fingerprints and get the bastard that did this (I guarantee he has a record). Can we maybe work towards prosecuting the criminals in this city so that we can move closer toward the goal of less crime??? I mean, am I just being stupid or should criminals be held accountable for their actions?? No one had any problems throwing 3 years of probation and 80 hours of community service at my ass for less (meaning we didn't inflict any financial hardship on our victim!!!! (read this post to understand what I'm talking about) The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. I expect something to be done and I will make sure something is done.

Okay, I'll calm down, I know I'm throwing this all out of proportion, but I'm so angry I am spitting fire. I try to live my life right, I don't do anything to anyone and I keep getting screwed over. It doesn't help that I'm in physical pain every day, all day from debilitating headaches either.

I guess I'm going to try to go to sleep, which I know will be a fruitless effort because I'm so angry there's no way I can sleep.

10 comments:

Mike said...

Getting your car broken into is a pain. I've had it happen a couple of times while I lived in Detroit. I know how the police work. Theft out of a car isn't their biggest priority. And they always tell you they don't have enough money to hire more police and that the police can't be everywhere when a crime happens. Unfortunately, you'll have to deal with it and get on with your life. Losing a wallet can be a big hassle in itself too. Make sure J cancels any credit cards he may have had. That's about all I can say.

Linlee said...

Sorry to hear about your car. That SUCKS!

Michelle said...

A couple of times? How do you NOT get furious? I mean, how in the world do they expect criminals to stop if they don't do anything about it????

J already called his credit cards and everything. And, I'm not even sure I want to turn it into my insurance because I don't want the claim on my record and I don't know how much my window will cost (will the deductible be more?)

I'm still really angry. When my dad was a cop in the city, he said they actually cared about what happened to innocent citizens. Apparently, that's not the case anymore.

Lisa said...

I had my purse stollen from my car this past fall. ANd yes it DOES piss you off. And I'm pissed off FOR you. Yeah, it didn't surprise me that we've been USA most dangerous city. Look at the news each night. There's always a bunch of murders, rapes, fires, child abuse, beatings and whatnot.

Brian said...

Same thing happened to my fiance last summer. The only consolation I have is that we cancelled the baseball tickets he stole, so that when the poor fool who bought them off of whatever scalper tried getting into the game, he go denied.

Sorry to hear about your car.

Barb said...

I don't blame you at all for feeling outraged and violated! YOUR things were touched, rifled through. UGH! Not to mention the damage to your car!

Mike had his credit card number stolen last year and some person in Japan charged up over $900 on it before we caught on and had the bank stop it and correct our balance. I felt the same way as you do right now. I wanted that person tracked down and brought to justice. Probably never happened, though.

Michelle said...

Yeah, nothing will ever happen to this moron either. That's the most frustrating part. Oh well, at least I have calmed down a little.

That's cool that you cancelled the baseball tickets...that was smart. We can't see anything else that they stole but J's wallet. If it was baseball season, they probably would have gotten an entire season of tickets, because sometimes we kept the whole box in the car so we didn't forget them for the games.

Mike was right, this is a pain in the arse. Oh well...I'll live. k

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear that this happened. I hope you get it all settled to your satisfaction.

Ann M. said...

Holy crap, that's terrible! I can't believe they wouldn't even bother coming out to print the car. They can't be busy EVERY second... And you're right, they're not doing themselves any favors by ignoring some crimes...

Twisted Sister? said...

I hope whoever stole your vehicle gets hemmoroids! The bastard!