Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Life in the Fast Lane

Okay, this question is for anyone who lives in the St. Louis metropolitan area...
Why is it that I have to go into the RIGHT lane to pass someone going slow in the PASSING lane? I can't figure it out...why are these people in the passing lane? Do they know it's a passing lane? Do they know that the slow lane is the one farthest to the right? I suppose not, or I wouldn't have to wonder...I'm really starting to detest driving! I told Jason that I need a chauffeur - too bad I'm not rich! Maybe I need some anti-anxiety medicine or people just NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE! The killer is that cops are constantly giving the people who are speeding the tickets, well...does it ever occur to anyone that the moron in the passing lane doing 55 in a 60 mph zone causes people (who are actually, I don't know, paying attention to the road) to go crazy!?!?!? These people are either on the phone chatting away like they haven't talked to the person on the phone for 30 years (and I'm sure it's someone they just talked to a few hours ago!!) or they're looking out the side window like there's something really exciting that's going to pop up and just surprise everyone! Then, you have to love the ladies who put their makeup on in the car on their way to work - while in the passing lane! Then again, there's also the guys that are shaving while TRYING to drive in the passing lane. I guess the main problem is...they're in the passing lane and they're NOT PASSING ANYONE! And, on top of that, they refuse to get over for someone coming up behind them! I say we create an Autobahn here! Has anyone ever driven in Germany? I have and it's the most wonderful experience ever! People get out of your way, no one stops to rubberneck at an accident (which I've never actually seen an accident on the Autobahn) and you can actually get to where you're going on time! It's wonderful...

Okay, I'll stop now, I'm starting to get angry again...

No comments: