Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Little Bit About Me...

I just realized that if anyone was to actually read my posts, they would have no clue who I was or what I was talking about, so here is a little bit about me...

My name is Mikala, I'm 26 years old (I'll be 27 next month on October 30). Right now, I work full time at the local electric companyand I got my B.S. in Business Administration at Maryville University in St. Louis. But unfortunately, I'm a glutton for punishment because I'll be going back for my MBA or to Law School soon...I just think that's the only way to get anywhere anymore and the sad part is...business is the only thing I'm good at - well I don't know about Law...we'll find out when I take the LSAT.

I have a boyfriend that I've been with for 5 years and his name is J. Our favorite thing to do together is travel. We've only been a few places together though - we've been to Disney World, New Orleans, Chicago (a few times), Indianapolis, Germany, Switzerland, France and we're leaving for Hawai'i on the 24th of October. I can't wait to go to Hawai'i. I've been begging J to take me to Ireland, but for some strange reason he doesn't want to go there - the weird part is that he's IRISH! Oh well, maybe I'll talk him into it someday!

Let's see...what else is there about me...well, I basically lead a VERY boring life. I don't do much anymore because everything is a waste of money!

I am a Creative Memories Consultant and I LOVE scrapbooking! I'd love to be able to quit my job and just be a Consultant or Unit Leader, but apparently I suck at that because no one ever wants to come to my classes or anything - so I've kinda given up on that...

I was born in South St. Louis City, when I was five we moved to South County (Mehlville) and I grew up there. We moved to Wildwood (a suburb of St. Louis) about 3 years ago and I still live with my parents! I went to Mehlville Sr. High and graduated in 1995. Right after that I went to St. Louis University, but ended up at Maryville University - who knows...I don't think I was actually ready for college after high school, so that will explain why it's taken me about 7 years to actually graduate.

I have an older brother who's 33 and has two sons. He currently lives in the house I grew up in with his girlfriend S and his youngest son Snake (obviously not his real name). Snake is 6 - he's so cute! My other nephew is Z and he is 12 years old and just started 7th grade! He's a very smart kid and I can't believe how old he is...I was freshman in high school when he was born! He's the typical adolescent and drives me crazy!

I suppose that's my life in a nutshell...


No comments: