Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"Pictures" by Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow

Kid:
Livin' my life in a slow hell
Different girl every night at the hotel
I ain't seen the sun shine in 3 damn days
And fuelin' up on cocaine and whiskey
Wish I had a good girl to miss me
Lord I wonder if I'll ever change my ways

Kid's Chorus:
I put your picture away
Sat down and cried today
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to her

Repeat Kid's Chorus

Sheryl:
I called you last night in the hotel
Everyone knows but they won't tell
But their half-hearted smiles
tell me something just ain't right

I've been waitin' on your for a long time
Fuelin' up on heartaches and cheap wine
I ain't heard from you in 3 damn nights

Sheryl's Chorus:
I put your picture away
I wonder where you've been
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him

Repeat Sheryl's Chorus

Kid & Sheryl:
I saw you yesterday with an old friend - Sheryl
It was the same ole' same how have you been - Kid
Since you been gone, my world's been dark & grey -
Both

It reminded me of brighter days - Kid
I hoped you were comin' home to stay -
Sheryl
I was headed to church -
Sheryl
I was off to drink you away -
Kid

I thought about you for a long time - both
Can't seem to get you off my mind -
both
I can't understand why we're livin' life this way -
both

Kid & Sheryl's Chorus:
I found your picture today
I swear I'll change my ways
I just called to say I want you to come back home

Repeat Kid & Sheryl's Chorus


I just called to say I love you, come back home

No comments: