Thursday, September 14, 2006

Good People

Where have they gone? It’s like everyone wants to see everyone else ruin their lives or do badly – they stick around just to see train wrecks, so they can laugh and feel better about themselves. Yes, in case you haven’t noticed, I’m basing this off of a Jack Johnson song. I agree with his song “Good People”. He asked “Where’d all the good people go?”. Ever since I heard this song for the first time, that's been on my mind. I have always thought that, but never knew how to put it in words. Everyone is out for themselves anymore; there are few “genuinely nice” people anymore. It’s as though, if someone is nice to you, you wonder what their agenda is. I'm not talking about kissing butt or being fake, I’m talking about good, old-fashioned courtesy, thoughtfulness and concern for others.

No comments: