Friday, September 29, 2006

Horses Rescued

So, a couple days ago, there was an accident on I-44 and it involved a truck transporting horses to the slaughterhouse. I don't want to recite the details of the accident and about how many died, so here is the article for you to read.

I just wish I knew a way to make sure the Humane Society gains custody of the horses. I can't, for a second, understand why we are slaughtering horses for people in Europe and Japan to eat!

You know, I was in a crabby mood anyway and if I wasn't at work right now, I'd be crying. This totally sickens me and I don't know what to do anymore. I gotta be able to help somehow, wouldn't you think? I'm going to donate money to the humane society to offset the costs of the rescue (so that they continue to do that), but I want to write to someone or do something to make sure these horses don't go to the rightful owners (if that is the slaughterhouse).

Now,I know when I post about abused or hurt animals that I tend to ramble with no sense whatsoever, but in my defense, I don't even know what to say anymore. It breaks my heart completely and I don't know what to do to stop this stuff.

Also, here's also an article about a chicken farm that totally depressed me last night. What to do, what to do. Seriously, I need to know...what is wrong with the people hurt or neglect animals? Why do they do it? Why do they think it is right? How do they live with themselves?

For example, the guy and his wife that were driving those horses to the slaughterhouse, I could NEVER do that. I'd either lose my job or I just wouldn't be contracted for that run. I just don't understand how people have the heart to do this stuff.

Everyday I get closer and closer to being a vegetarian (granted, I'm not big on meat anyway). I may actually make an effort soon. I feel like such a hypocrit. I moan and groan about abused and neglected animals and then I go home and eat a chicken caesar salad or something, ya know? God, what is wrong with me? What is wrong with people in general?

I'll stop now.

No comments: