Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thank God and It's About Time!!!

I just found this article and it makes me very happy. Especially considering this is so close to St. Louis. I had heard about this guy and I wanted to rip his head off so bad! You have to have some serious issues if you can rip the head off of a living, breathing, animal! Sicktard! I really believe they should all get jail time. It sounds like this guys' jail time is concurrent with another charge, but it's a start at putting away animal abusers.

EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois (AP) -- A man who admitted in court to tearing off the head of a kitten after a fight with his girlfriend has been sentenced to two years in prison.

When it comes to animal abuse cases, "we don't get prison sentences all the time, so it's always good when we do," Stephanee Smith, a spokeswoman for the Madison County state's attorney's office, said Tuesday of the case against Jacob Thornton.

Thornton, 21, was to have had a preliminary hearing last Thursday on the felony animal torture charge but instead pleaded guilty, Smith said.

A judge ordered Thornton's sentence to run concurrently to a prison term related to a parole violation on a 2005 aggravated battery conviction.

Authorities say that after a July 28 dispute between Thornton and his live-in girlfriend, the 30-year-old woman left the home before returning to find her kitten's head and detached body in the front yard.

Four days after he was charged with animal torture, Thornton was also charged with burglarizing a motor vehicle. That case is pending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never heard that news story... that is just awful, he needs some serious psychotherapy.

Thanks for reading my blog and saying hi :) So often people come by and never say hi, so I appreciate it!!

Your blog isn't boring!! I think it's awesome.
I'll bookmark you so I can check back for updates!

JenOmaha.blogspot.com
(I can't log in because I'm on blogger beta)