Friday, October 13, 2006

2-0 Mets - Bummer!

I'm bummin'. Even though we did very well last night (with the exception of Pujols), the Cardinals still lost 2-0 to the Mets. Weaver did very well in holding them off though - he didn't let up any runs until the 6th - that makes me happy. Especially considering the Mets thought they were going to come in and steamroll us...it's not as easy as everyone thinks. We still have 6 more games and we usually take it to the 7th game in the NLCS. I still have confidence in my Cardinals - they are the best team in baseball (yes, that's a biased opinion).

Just a note, I'm still not afraid of Beltran - he's not THAT great. And, for that matter, I fully expected more out of Glavine. Yeah, we didn't get many hits and the hits we did get were in the air, but our bats weren't hot last night either. I guess I just expected a lot more from this "great" pitcher. But, they still beat us and I respect that. They didn't give up last night, even after it seemed as though Glavine was pretty tired. You could tell they were getting frustrated though. Regardless, congratulations to the Mets for a Game 1 victory.

I am happy to announce that Carp will be pitching tonight - although, I wouldn't have minded seeing Sup pitch and then Carp pitch in Game 3, but I'm not TLR. I know absolutely nothing about Maine, the Mets pitcher for tonight. We'll see how it goes. At least Game 3 is here...maybe I'll be able to go.
Til tonight!

No comments: