Monday, October 02, 2006

Bittersweet


Okay, so yesterday was bittersweet. The Cards lost the game (boy was it a beautiful 9th inning though), but we made it to the playoffs!!! Houston lost to the Braves 3-1, so we automatically clinched. We didn't have to win our game.

We had tickets to the game yesterday (in the BOA Club again), but we didn't go. My allergies have been killing me lately and I knew I'd be paying for it today if I went. So, we stayed home and watched the game.

Right when we turned the game on and Carp wasn't pitching, J and I knew something was up (he was supposed to be pitching). So, J turned to me and said, "I bet Houston's losing and TLR is banking on that, so he's saving Carp for the playoffs". Sure enough, about 5 minutes later the announcer mentioned that Houston was down 3-0 in the 3rd. I had my fingers crossed that TLR made the right choice seeing as how we were already down 4-0 in the 1st.

I guess it was around the 5th or 6th inning of our game when Houston lost and our fans starting doing the Tomahawk (which I couldn't make up my mind if I liked it or not - I guess it was neat, but still)! For the first inning or so after that, the Cards looked like they couldn't care less (which I don't blame 'em). So, then, the 9th comes and we get 3 homeruns! Where were those early in the game. It could have only been better, had we had bases loaded on one of those homeruns and if we could have won the game as well as clinching the division!

Oh well, Post Season, here we come! It's like a brand new season, let's show 'em what we're made of!

GO CARDS!!!!

1 comment:

Twisted Sister? said...

Congrats to your Cards! There are a few fans around here. Me, I'm the old Braves supporter. They played like a big stinking pile of crap this year.

I hope the Cards take it all!