Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Chick-O-Stick

If this won't be the most meaningless post I've ever written, I don't know what would be - but here it goes.


I hadn't gotten groceries in a few weeks - as a matter of fact, I absolutely HATE (loathe even)grocery shopping. It's like Chinese Torture for me and I avoid it at all costs. Well, J left for New York on Saturday and I am used to him cooking, getting dinner or whatever. Like I mentioned before, I'm just not domestic, never have been, probably never will be. Well, I woke up yesterday morning and realized I have NOTHING in the fridge or pantry to take for lunch or to even eat for dinner. I mean, I had some Creamy Chicken noodles I could have had for dinner, but I didn't have any butter to make them. So, much to my dismay, I was forced to run to the grocery store to grab a few things yesterday after work. And, when I say "grab a few things", I mean I spent $110! Anyway, my point? Those impulse-buy racks at the check out really work. I was standing there, for quite a while I might add, - I mean, who grocery shops at 3:30 in the afternoon - and I happened to look down and I saw a huge Chick-O-Stick. I don't know if I was just hungry or what, but I had to have it. It was an overwhelming feeling of need. It's very strange how well those racks work. I don't even understand how I could like peanut butter and coconut together. It doesn't even sound good, but, ahhh...it was. I ate it first, then...I made my dinner.
I wonder if Halloween peaking around the corner made me want this. I always looked forward to hard candy, Sweet tarts and Chick-O-Sticks after a night of trick-or-treating. I never did like all of the chocolate - that wasn't the good stuff. Yes, I know, I'm strange. I've heard it all before.
So, like I said, that may have been the most meaningless post ever written on a blog, but I was feelin' it.

No comments: