Thursday, October 12, 2006


I must admit, that was strange. I, surely, didn't expect the game to be cancelled due to weather. I just didn't see that as an option. With all the greatness of New York and Mets, (**sarcasm**) you'd think they'd have a backup plan for rainy weather. Why didn't the 8.1 million folks have a back up plan, Mr. Dayn Perry? Anyway, as you can tell, I'm still ticked at that "reporter". But, anyway, it happened, the first NLCS game at New York's Shea Stadium was cancelled on Wednesday. Game 1 will be made up tonight, at 7:00 pm.

This leaves TLR with a very tough decision. He had planned on having Weaver open the NLCS for Game 1, then Suppan in Game 2 and Carp in Game 3 which will be held in St. Louis. But, with the extra day's rest, will TLR throw Suppan or Carp into Game 2? Everyone is dying to know and I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm dying to know. Before the game was called last night, TLR mentioned that he was still leaning towards keeping Suppan for Game 2 and Carp for Game 3 in STL. I'm anxious to see if this decision remains. I suppose I'll just have to wait.

I'll admit I'm a little nervous throwing Weaver in there for the first game, I think he can get nervous at times. However, he did very well in the NLDS, but he didn't open the series. I have confidence in him and I hope he does well. I still look forward to tonight's game.
Keep rootin' for the Cards! Go Cards!!

No comments: