Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lito Bita Dis, Lito Bita Dat

Believe it or not, I'm going to brave the Christmas Shopping Masses tomorrow and go shopping with my mom. You see, I was lucky enough to get Friday off of work, so mom and I had a few odds and ends to finish up. I told her I'd take her out to eat too - so she was very happy to accept my invitation.

I still gotta get my Beanie some toys for Christmas (my dog loves any type of furry chew toy you throw in her vicinity)!

I hate to sound like a grinch, but I'm so glad Christmas (the shopping and getting ready part) is almost over. I'll be so relieved on Christmas Eve when it's finally time to just chill out with the family.

I'm kinda bummed because my cousin's son (Alex, he's not even 2 yet) is in the hospital hooked up to IVs right now. Apparently, his eye is swelling shut and they're afraid it will damage the optic nerve which would blind him. It's so sad that the little guy is in the hospital and I hope everything goes well. The doctors did say he'd be home in time for Christmas so that's awesome. I have a picture of the little guy hooked up to the IVs in my e-mail, but I'd rather not post it. I haven't talked to my cousin or his wife in a while and I don't know that they'd appreciate that.

But, there is some good news in the land of Mikala. I lived with my parents up until June, 2006. They live in a suburb of St. Louis called Wildwood. Their subdivision is gorgeous with a 30,000 gallon lake, trails, tennis courts, pools (yes, 3 of them) and a huge club house. Well, I don't know if any of you have heard of the "incredible disappearing lake", but that's my parents' subdivision. The entire 30,000 gallon of water seeped into caverns through a caved in portion of the lakebed. Well, guess what! The lake is full again - I'll have to see if I can get some before and after and after pictures! It may take me a day or so...so just keep watching for them.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So sorry about Alex, but it's good he'll be well enough to be home for Christmas.

Wow.. the lake disappeared???