Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Tenth Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Reasons I'm Ecstatic to be Single Again

1. I can do what I want without checking with someone else first (like watching what I want on TV, eating what I want all the time, going where I want to go and listening to what I want to listen to on the car stereo).
2. I can decorate my house any damn way I want.
3. I don't have to clean up after a grown man.
4. I don't have to worry about someone 24/7.
5. Now, I have the perfect reason as to why I'm not married yet.
6. I don't have to worry about being stuck in a relationship with a cheater or worse.
7. I won't get woken up by someone jumping around in the bed.
8. I don't have to deal with someone else's morning breath.
9. No more sharing the holidays with someone else's family.
10. I can look at and flirt with as many men as I want without any consequences.
11. More bathroom space for my health and beauty products (no more shaving cream, men's razor, men's deoderant, hair gel, hair cementy stuff, and separate soap).
12. I don't have to pour any of my time and emotions into someone else, I can focus on myself.
13. Less presents to buy (no Valentine's Day, no other birthdays, no extra Christmas presents).

Now, don't get me wrong, I miss my ex and these things certainly weren't a deal-breaker (I loved the guy and these things didn't really even bother me - it's all about compromise, right?), but why not look on the bright side? Unfortunately, I have to force myeslf to focus on these things right now.

Happy Thursday Thirteen!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






5 comments:

Barb said...

I'm proud of you! Happy TT!

Jenni said...

It's a good list! Soon you won't have to force yourself to focus on these things... it'll come naturally! =D x

Di said...

Good for you! A glass half full girl. I'm glad I didn't read this about 5 days ago...or I might be filing papers right about now!

Christie O. said...

good for you! time to take a timeout, focus on yourself and take a big deep breath. breakups stink. but being with the wrong guy stinks more! good for you!

Mike said...

A good list. I'm wondering if Skittle s is paying attention to #10 lol. We have separate soaps and stuff in the bathroom too lol. I guess the old song "Don't worry be happy" comes to mind.