Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Absolute Zero Social Life

It just dawned on me that I have absolutely NO social life. I mean, my life revolves around fixing up my house (which isn't bad, I guess). I'm not into going out and clubbing or bar-hopping (I did quite enough of that when I was 21 and 22 to last me a lifetime). My point is...I don't know how I'll ever meet another guy...FRICK ON A STICK WITH A BRICK!!!

So, Sunday, quite possibly had to be one of the roughest days for me (regarding the break-up - only because of the Cards!). I know you'll get sick of hearing this, but I'm so bummed over missing the Cards games. I am an AVID Cardinals fan and I miss going to Opening Day and whatnot. I knew once baseball season started that I'd have it rough. THIS BLOWS!!!! I miss those damn season tickets!

I did have a busy weekend though...so, it's nice that I don't have to lay around and sulk. Friday night, my parents came over and we worked on the bathroom (pictured in a previous post). I suppose I finally got to bed around midnight.

Saturday morning, I woke up and got ready for Linlee to pick me up. We headed over to a chinese restaurant to meet up with some other REALLY COOL St. Louis Blogging Chicks. We had lunch and ended up staying for right around 3 hours. Good times were had by all. Again, I'd put a picture up...but I didn't bring a camera - doh! But, I'll list the beautiful and talented ladies that were there:
- Linlee @ Little Miss Sassy (Someone I've been friends with for years)
- Lisa @ Midwestern Mommy (Linlee's cousin)
- Kristie @ Slacker-Moms-R-Us
- Jaelithe @ The State of Discontent (We also got to meet her husband and ADORABLE son!
- Rebecca @ Not So Everyday Mom (Turns out she went to high school with Linlee and me)
- Raquita @ Blaque Pen/ W.O.B.L - in training (We also got to meet her PRECIOUS daughter!
We just HAVE to do that again, I had a great time. But, back to my loser life...
After lunch, Linlee dropped me off and my parents came over to finish the bathroom. They stayed from about 2:30 or 3:00 until 8:30 or so. But, the bathroom was done and a cute little cabinet I bought for my hall had been assembled! Woo hoo!!

Sunday, I went over to my parents' house around noon and we went shopping. I spent too much money AGAIN! We went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got a few things for my house. Then, we ran to Sears where I bought my new lawn mower. Is it sad that I was excited about a new lawn mower? Yeah, I'm fairly certain it is. Anyway, after Sears, we drove out to Washington, MO (my parents live in Wildwood, so it's closer than it sounds). In Washington, we went to Hillerman Nursery (have any of you St. Louisans been there? AWESOME NURSERY!!!). From Hillerman, we went to Wal-mart (I swear the devil created that place) and finally back to my parents' house. We got there around 3:30. I tanned while we were there and then my parents followed me back over to my house to help me get my lawn mower out of the car, etc. So, we ended up cleaning off my patio, hanging a cool picture I bought at BB&B for the bathroom and setting up the lawn mower. My parents left around 6:30, without kisses from Koko. Koko LOVES my parents and always showers them with affection - so it was odd that she didn't want to be held by them or kiss them. But, I didn't think anything of it until about 5 minutes later when I was inside. I was putting some bottled water in the fridge when I looked at Koko and she was trembling. I always know when she's going to have a seizure because she gives me a specific look and she starts to tremble. I was getting that look! So, I got down on the floor with her, laid her on her side and rubbed her. I just kept telling her that everything would be okay and that I was there (that's what they say to do for your dog if they're having a seizure). The entire incident lasted about 10 minutes (actual seizure part was only maybe 5 minutes and the aftershocks were about 5 minutes). Usually, after her seizure, she'll tremble a little more - which is what I call the aftershocks - and then just snap out of it altogether. Once she's up and walking normal, I know it's all over. Once the seizure portion was over and the aftershocks hit, I transferred her to the couch on a nice, plush blanket. When she jumped up and off the couch after 5 minutes, I knew it was all over. She was back to normal. My poor little babeh! She looks so helpless when she has a seizure and I know it scares her. I hate it...

Eventually, I went to bed and it was Monday before I knew it. Ugh! I worked and then went home and worked on the lawn. I mowed the lawn, swept/squirted off the driveway and porch, watered the lawn and then put down my fertilizer. All in all, it only took me 2 hours (that's not too bad if you ask me). Unfortunately, my allergies were thrown into overload and I felt horrible for the rest of the night. I went to bed around 8:30. I woke up this morning to swollen eyes, swollen hands, itchy/watery/red eyes, a stuffy nose and itchy throat. I knew that would happen, I even took Benadryl before I went to bed, but oh well. I gotta mow the lawn...I can't just shut down. So, I'm wearing my glasses and no makeup today. My poor coworkers. It's a shame really.

So, see, NO SOCIAL LIFE! Oh well, what can ya do?

I'm ready to go home, but that's not going to happen...

Alrighty then, I suppose I've rambled for too long already, so I'm off to do some work.

Lates!

6 comments:

LAC said...

What? No social life. Plech.. who needs one. I would be excited about a new lawn mower too! I am getting a hand me down from my uncle. Can't wait for the grass to grow! I am with ya girl!

Poor pup! I have nothing to add to that b/c I have not been blessed with one as of yet. But sounds like she was in good hands during her rough moment.

Twisted Sister? said...

(((Koko))) I'm glad she's feeling better! Your a good mom. ;) I'd be excited about getting a new mower...not so much for myself cause I don't mow grass but for my husband to get to the smaller places that the riding one won't get to. How sad am I here? lol I've got a riding lawnmower and want a push one too. lol Maybe a mower if he wins big money in Reno bowling. Oh, I just posted about my new (used) fridge. Isn't it funny how different things make us happy as we get older? ;)

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

You are beautiful Babygirl ;?

Rebecca said...

I don't really have a social life either. Except mine life doesn't revolve around a house it revolves around a 6 year old.

Lisa said...

No social life here either. Actually what little of one I has revolves around the social life of our 14-year-old babysitters. How sad is THAT?

Poor pup. Glad to hear all is better.

Ireland said...

We have alot in common. All I've been doing is trying to fix up my house. And, heck yeah, I'd be excited bout' a new mower...lol I just got a new weed whacker and I'm THRILLED! lol...
I fell ya on the allergy thing. Yesterady, I started my lawn and I'm green and swollen...lol
Simple pleasures, aye?
Poor puppppehhh... do you give her medicine to control the seizures?