Monday, May 21, 2007

Tagaliciousness

I saw this nifty little meme at Dancing Star and Not So Everyday Mom and thought it looked like fun. Especially since I turned 18 in different years than these lovely and talented ladies! Even though Lisa thought I'd be the first to post this, I have to shamefully admit, I was not. Durnit!! I feel bad now. See what happens when you neglect your blog???? Oh the humanity!


Here goes:


1. Go to www.popculturemadness.com

2. Pick the year you turned 18

3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year

4. Write something about how the song(s) affected you

5. Pass it on to 5 more friends



I graduated high school in 1995 (at the ripe old age of 17) and I turned 18 in October of 1995. So, here's what I found for 1995.

  1. Boombastic - Shaggy: I had such a thing for Shaggy's songs. I loved the Jamaican thing he had goin' on. That's hot!

  2. Any Mine of Man - Shania Twain: This was my "I am woman, hear me roar" anthem of 1995. This song helped shape the expectations I set for "any man of mine".

  3. Here Comes the Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze: This wasn't necessarily a good song, but it was a good dance song and it really pumped us up. I remember pumping this song LOUD and just lovin' it!

  4. Waterfalls - TLC: I just loved the message this song sent. It was beautiful.

  5. You Are Not Alone - Michael Jackson: (oh Gawd, what's wrong with me?) Yes, I know, I'm sick. But, this was actually a fairly good song by MJ. I have it on my iPod to this day. But, that's only because I had the CD from 1995 - I didn't pay for it again, seriously.

That's it...there were tons of other songs, but seeing as how I LOVE music, we'd be here all day if I was to list all of the songs and how they affected me.

So, now it's your turn. Go do this now!

No comments: