Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Debriefing

So, it was another busy weekend. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. I'm feeling a little worn out now.

So, Friday I came home and watered all of my plants and flowers. Then, I went to bed early because I had a throbbing headache. I woke up around 1:00 in the morning because of said headache and I sincerely considered drilling a hole in my face next to my nose to relieve all of the sinus pressure. But, I figured then I'd have to spend a little while in the ER, so I decided against it. I finally got back to sleep around 5:00 and didn't wake up again unti 11:30 (not good).

My friend, Lisa, called me around 10:00 Saturday morning to see if I wanted to go with her and her son to see Shrek the Third. Obviously, I didn't get the message until after the movie was over and I was bummed! I love her little boy - he's adorable and boy does he have a personality. Plus, I wanted to see the movie. Agh, oh well. Instead, I went outside and mowed the lawn (not so smart when your allergies and sinuses are already bothering you). But, I moved the lawn, weed whacked and cleaned off the driveway. Then, I headed to the backyard where I did pretty much the same thing. Then, I turned my sprinklers on in an effort to persuade my front lawn to turn a bright shade of green - but he's stubbornly resisting. I still see some dead tan grass. Anyway.

Then, I went inside, took a shower and did the dishes. After I cleaned a little, I gave myself a mani/pedi. Fun times!

Sunday, my momma and I went shopping (it's our Sunday ritual). I bought all kinds of goodies at Home Depot (like two hose caddies, tons of accent grasses, a hibiscus tree, a door mat, a beautiful red gerbera daisy and paint for the exterior of the house)! I took momma out to eat at Applebee's (which isn't my favorite restaurant, but it was good). When we got back to her house, she transplanted my daisy into a coco hanging pot and then Koko and I left. Sidenote: any time I go to my parents' house, I take Koko because she loves to play with my parents' dog and run around in the yard. Plus, I don't like to just leave her at home since she's home alone all day everyday during the week.

I got home around 7:00 and I put all my plants outside and I watered everything. Then, I kinda straightened things up and got things ready for work today. Finally, I made myself a snow cone (with my ice shaving machine - I LOVE THIS THING). Before I went to bed, I read a little and then finally fell asleep. And, ta da - I'm here at work! Gotta love life.

See, I've been so busy, but I can't seem to account for my time - straaaaange....


Star8278 said...

I know exactly what you mean... but look at it this way. Would you rather be busy and have time fly, or bored and over thinking everything!!!

Reba said...

If it makes ya feel anybetter my weekend was spent watching my 2 nephews and doing laundry. I got so excited that my laundry was all washed AND folded AND put away. How sad is that.