Friday, May 18, 2007

Tagorous

I've been tagged by Brian at This Perfect World for the Seven Things Meme - thank you Brian!

So, here are seven things you may not know about me:

1) I don't, nor will I ever, have wisdom teeth. (yes, I stole this one from you Brian).
Luckily, when I was a teenager, my dentist told me that I don't have roots for wisdom teeth, so I'll never have them! I was more than ecstatic to hear that news seeing as how my mouth is too small for the teeth I do have not to mention that wisdom teeth cause way too many problems and require extraction n' stuff! Woo hoo!

2) I was born two weeks after my actual due date - and my mother was in labor with me for 48 hours.
Apparently, I didn't want anything to do with this wretched world. And, I must admit, my attitude hasn't changed a bit during the 29 years I've been here.

3) I am a horrible swimmer.
My dad taught me to swim at the YMCA pool by our house and he says that I couldn't keep my mouth shut long enough to actually learn to swim. He kept telling me to close my mouth or I'd drown. I just couldn't do it though, I really wanted to talk - it was far more important! I mean, I know how to swim, I'm just not very good at it.

4) I assaulted the dentist with a syringe full of Novocain.
When I was 5, I was in the dentist's chair having a cavity filled (which kinda goes hand in hand with something else you may not know about me - I have horrible teeth because I have very little enamel on them - my dad has the same problem - but don't worry, I don't have nasty teeth, I take very good care of them). Well, when the dentist came at me with the syringe full of Novocain, I flipped out and my arms started flailing around like a fish out of water. During my temper tantrum, I hit the needle and it stuck in the dentist's hand or wrist. The dentist quickly ran from the room while the nurse tried to calm me down. Afterwards, I can remember the nurse saying, "Now see what you did to Dr. Linehan?" I didn't care!

5) I don't cook because it's too messy.
I am obsessive-compulsive about my hands (I wash them about 15 times a day, maybe more). My whole day will be ruined if they get dirty and sticky. Therefore, I don't cook most things because I'm bound to get something on my hands. When I had a barbeque at my house, my mom had to form the hamburger patties because I coudln't bear to do it. I can't wear gloves either because then my hands get sweaty and that defeats the whole purpose of wearing gloves.

6) I am adamant about my daily routines/schedules.
I have a daily routine or schedule if you will and if I get thrown off by just a few minutes, I get very crabby. As long as it's something I've planned, I'm fine, but if something happens and I'm thrown off of my routine/schedule (which is planned out every morning in my head), I go apeshit!

7) I'm an only child.
While, yes, I have an older brother, I am technically an only child. My brother, Sterling, was actually born to my mother and her previous man. She met my dad when my brother was still a baby. My brother has never met his dad and he considers my dad to be his biological dad. My dad also considers him his biological son. They've always been father/son, it's never been any different. He's always been my brother, not my half brother.
I won't even get into the other half brother and half sister I have (from my dad's previous marriage). Let's just say I don't even consider them to be half siblings.

No comments: