Thursday, September 28, 2006

MAGIC NUMBER 04! COUNTDOWN TO CLINCHING!!

Okay, so I'm in a drug/Cardinal-induced euphoria. We won last night, but on the flip side, I had an allergy attack since I spent more than 5 minutes outside. So, I'm feeling pretty miserable today - swollen and puss-filled eyes, scratchy throat, stuffy nose and drainage galore! You'd think I'd be in the worst mood ever, but like I said, "drug/Cardinal-induced euphoria".

The game last night was pretty frustrating up until the 8th inning. I, along with my little 11 year-old friend in front of me, was absolutely sure we were going to win. When the 8th inning came and we were down 2 to 1, I figured we could still pull it off. And, pull it off is exactly what we did! Gotta love Jose Albert Pujols! But, in an effort not to count my chickens before they hatch, we still have 4 games to go. We got the 4 game series with Milwaukee - we'll see how that turns out. MAGIC NUMBER 4! I have a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to Milwaukee from the 80's. But, we can do it, we're the Cards! Go Cards!

I was glad that my parents got to see a winning game for their anniversary and I'm glad that my brother was able to take his two boys to see the game. It was fun for all of us.

- Til tonight!

No comments: