Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Game 5 Postponed


Fortunately, Game 5 was postponed until tonight at 7:19. I say, "fortunately", because it was a soakfest last night and I didn't really feel like sitting in that crap. Apparently, Scott Rolen felt the same way because he was on the news last night saying, and I quote, "I don't wanna play in this shit". Well, that's very eloquent. But, I don't blame him. I can't imagine it'd be real easy going out in torrential downpours to win a baseball game.
J and I were in Clayton last night when Linlee called to tell me that the game had been postponed. I was hoping it would be postponed since 98% of the streets around Washington University and the Clayton area were flooded. So, we're supposed to just use our tickets from last night for the game tonight. The weather is supposed to be much nicer - a high of 70 today with some cloudage. That's better than swimming to the ballgame since I'm not that great of a swimmer.
Jeff Weaver and Tom Glavine are both still scheduled to pitch as of now. Both gained an extra day of rest due to the storms yesterday and will be ready to fight til the end tonight.
GO CARDINALS!! GO WEAV!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I wouldn't have wanted to play in that either. I had to pick the kids up after school and just that short jog with an umbrella got me soggy wet.