Sunday, October 15, 2006

Gotham vs. Gateway

Now that was a fun game - we had the best time tonight! My hat's off to Suppan (well, I don't have a hat on, but if I did it would be off to Sup!) He was, definitley, the MVP of tonight's game by far. Not only did he pitch perfectly - he hit our solo homerun! Love ya Sup!


And, Spiezio is really starting to make my heart throb. You'd be surprised how many people had little Cardinal-red beards tonight. He hit, I believe, another two-run triple and it was fantastic.


I got a picture on my phone of Beltran with his arms crossed like a little baby (out in left-field). When I find my cord to the phone, I'll put it up here. He was so pissed and I loved it. I know, I gotta chill though, I don't want to get ahead of myself.

We still have 2 more games to go and I hope we can pull it off and sweep them here at home. J and I are going to tomorrow's game and Monday's game. If we can win tomorrow AND Monday, that'll be the second time we've been there to see the Cards take the NLCS and head off to the World Series. In 2004, we were at game 7 when the Cards took the NLCS from the Astros and it was the best time I've ever had at a game. I'd love to see it happen again - only this time, I'd like to see a better ending to the WS.

I hate to say this, but I'm still waiting for Albert to come alive in this series - he's been pretty somber. But, I'm confident that he's just waiting until we, absolutely, need him (he always comes through for us).

Anthony Reyes will be pitching his first postseason game tomorrow night and I'm praying that he does well. The kid is so excited to be pitching in a postseason game and I'd love to see him do well. I wanna say he's only pitched 21 MLB games, so this is pretty huge for him. He was left off of the roster for the NLDS and finally got his chance in the NLCS. In the past, Reyes has done very well after a rest as long as he's had this month. I can't wait to see that pay off again tomorrow night.

I think this picture says it all - my sentiments exactly Sup! The scoreboards read "Gotham vs. Gateway" and Gateway ruled. This Game 3 victory leaves us with a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series. Now let's just keep it up for two more games. GO CARDS!!

Oh yeah, it was a treat to have Steven Tyler of Aerosmith sing God Bless America. I think he's got a concert here tomorrow night and he was in town for the game. I didn't know he'd be there, so it was a nice surprise.

No comments: