Thursday, November 02, 2006

Political Correctness

Have we had enough yet? What is it with these people and Political Correctness? I was raised with “sticks n stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”. What happened to that? Who gives a darn if someone calls a “little person” a midget? Or, if you call a female a “chic” or “broad”? Does it really matter? The negative connotations were applied to the terms by the people being described themselves - had they ignored it, the words wouldn't even be that harmful or hurtful.

Give me a break, we’re trying so hard to be politically correct with every step we take that we forget to be courteous, thoughtful and sympathetic! Can we just focus on actions instead of words spoken out of ignorance?

1 comment:

Twisted Sister? said...

*clap, clap* I love this post! I totally wish I had've written it. BUT, if I had've written it, it wouldn't say what it does. LOL

I'm all farked up and no place to go. ;)