Friday, January 19, 2007

Oh What a Year - 1977

I saw this at my favorite site, Skittles' Place and thought it was too cool. I absolutely LOVE hearing about things that happened the year I was born, the month I was born or the day I was born. The weird thing is...Skits and I had a few things in common the years we were born (2 different years). Both years, the Yankmes won the World Series, the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup and Elvis was present on both lists. Straaange.



In 1977 (the year you were born)



Jimmy Carter becomes president of the US

Most of the 10,000 Vietnam War draft evaders are pardoned by President Carter

Singer Anita Bryant starts her "Save Our Children" crusade against gay rights

Elvis Presley dies in his Graceland bathroom

Congress creates a Department of Energy

Anwar Sadat flies to Jerusalem in a dramatic gesture of willingness to discuss peace

Orlando Bloom, Shakira, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Liv Tyler, and Ludacris are born

New York Yankees win the World Series

Oakland Raiders win Superbowl XI

Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup

Swedish music group ABBA passes The Beatles as having most records sold

Star Wars is the top grossing film

The Shining by Stephen King is published

"You Light Up My Life" by Debby Boone spends the most time at the top of the US charts

Three's Company premieres

5 comments:

tiffany said...

hey, mikala...
guess what the fedex guy brought to my house today?

p.s.
since i can't fathom tearing myself away from my new computer--even if it is a friday night--i'm going to stay in tonight. i'll work on the 'ass-hat' post we talked about it, and i'll save it as a draft over at wtb so you girls can look at it.

John Holland said...

God, I feel old, 1977 was the year I graduated high school.

Barb said...

Orlando Bloom... yummy.

Twisted Sister? said...

1977? Wow you're still a baby!

Try 1963!

Dayum..........I'm almost old as dirt.

Lisa said...

Just wanted to say "hi" and see what you've been up to. Cool idea for a post by the way!